Ok, it’s not all of them. I only ranked Zach LaVine’s and Aaron Gordon’s dunks, because if we’re being honest, those are the only ones that matter. This is the best dunk contest I’ve ever seen. There were at least 3 life-changing dunks that I’ll never forget and have yet to get over.
Don’t give me Jordan v Dominique. First of all, I was barely a toddler when that happened. Secondly, their dunks were all power, and the flash they showed would be considered ho-hum nowadays. Don’t give me Vinsanity. While his dunks were ridiculous, the (non) contest was all Vince and no one else.
These dunks were so good, I had to watch it several times. As far I’m concerned, they both won, we all won.
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) February 16, 2016
I mean, look at it. You can’t even do that in a video game.
- *Championship round 2 – Aaron Gordon (2:25 in the video) – “Sitting down” over the mascot, under the legs, and bonus points for almost hitting his head on the rim, which is almost behind him at this point.
- *Championship round 1 – Aaron Gordon (1:35) – 360, cupped behind the back, other hand behind the back of the head, off a rotating mascot.
- *Championship round 2 – Zach LaVine (2:55) – tomahawk windmill from the free throw line.
- Championship round 1 – Zach LaVine (2:00) – same dunk as Gordon’s from #2 but without the mascot. Also cupped the ball behind his back.
- Second round – Zach LaVine (1:20) – alley oop from the free throw line (he can probably do a 360 from the free throw next year)
- Second round – Aaron Gordon (1:07) – over the mascot, between the legs. I thought this was the best dunk of the night at the time.
- Championship round 3 – Zach LaVine (3:41) – backwards, under the basket, between the legs, off a bounce.
- Championship round 4 – Zach LaVine (4:24) – between the legs from the free throw line. I thought this would be higher, but here we are.
- Championship round 3 – Aaron Gordon (3:18) – off the side of the backboard, double pump, 180.
- First round – Zach LaVine (0:48) – behind the back reverse.
- Championship round 4 – Aaron Gordon (3:56) – double pump, behind the back, then brought it really low, almost hitting his head on the rim. This is a really impressive dunk, but it has to be here with all of the other dunks.
- First round – Aaron Gordon (0:40) – between the legs reverse.
I’m going to lose my mind if someone does a 360 from the free throw line next year.
Bonus: this dunk